I am a Diet Coke addict. I am also the proud owner of a B.A. in Advertising. Let's leave all health discussions to the side for a moment and just pause to appreciate the awesomeness that is the Coca-Cola brand.
No matter what you may think of them, they have one of the strongest and most recognized products in the world. So when I heard they had an entire museum dedicated to their story right next to the Georgia Aquarium, I knew it was a must-see for our weekend trip. What I didn't expect was just how much everyone else in our group would enjoy the experience.
When asked which they preferred the Georgia Aquarium or the World of Coca-Cola, the kids honestly couldn't decide!
I hope you enjoy our top 5 favorite things about the home of my beloved beverage.
P.S. Have you been to Atlanta? What was your favorite hot spot? Leave me a note in the comments, we can't wait to go back!
5 Ways Coca-Cola is keeping things cool in Atlanta:
1. The Polar Bear: OMG, seriously one of the coolest branded characters I've ever seen in my life. This from a Disney fanatic. Even if you don't want to take the time to have your own photo shot with him, take a few minutes to watch how he interacts with the fans. His range of motion and expressions are unbelievable!
2. Retro Product Placement: You enter the museum through a welcome room that is covered floor to ceiling in retro advertising from all around the world. As an advertising junkie, I had a blast looking at all their taglines and messages from throughout the years. My family loved the time warp of seeing Coca-Cola branded jammies and dispensers.
3. The Vault: The secret formula for Coca-Cola is housed in a Fort Knox-like vault within the museum. You can walk through this area learn about all the attempts to steal or copy the formula throughout the years.
4. The Tasting Room: Everyone's favorite moment from our visit--the final room before exiting the museum has several kiosks of soda dispensers where you can taste test the sodas available all around the world. As much as I adore my Diet Coke, I'm also a Fanta fanatic. I loved sampling the pineapple, green apple, and kiwi versions (just to name a few!) that are popular around the world.
5. The Coca-Cola Store: Never have I been so amazed by a museum gift shop as I was by the Coca-Cola Store. They have everything, and I truly mean Everything, you could ever possibly want with the Coca-Cola brand. Even if you don't plan to purchase anything, allow yourself the time in your schedule for browsing this warehouse. I came out with a sparkly Diet Coke keychain but loved the cute retro red straw dispensers and the wall-mounted bottle openers.
The Atlanta Convention and Visitor's Bureau provided us with 2 adult Atlanta City Passes to cover admission to the museum. I was not otherwise compensated for this review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. You may view my full disclosure here.