These are the easy summer Crockpot meals you should make during your next beach trip. Check that your vacation rental has a slowcooker and then plan these easy recipes for a delicious dinner that can be waiting for you after a long day in the sun.
Of all the beach condos we've rented over the years, my favorite vacation rentals always have a kitchen stocked with a Crockpot for an easy summer meal.
Pop these easy recipes into the slowcooker, go about your business of having the best beach trip ever, and come home exhausted from all the sunshine and ocean waves to find a hot meal ready and waiting for you.
While the kids shower off, pop one of the easy grocery store side dishes into the oven and dinner is ready!
Why the Crockpot is Perfect for Summer
Most people think of their slowcookers in the fall and winter for cozy stews but I think a Crockpot is the perfect summer kitchen tool.
A Crockpot helps you keep your house cool since you don't need to turn on the oven and heat up the whole kitchen.
But when you're on vacation, a slowcooker is even better because you can enjoy your family time all day long and come home to an easy homemade dinner that is waiting for you.
Now THAT feels like vacation!
Supplies You Need
To make these easy summer Crockpot meals, you'll need a good sized slowcooker available at your vacation rental. Be sure to call ahead and confirm before you set on this meal plan.
The rest of the recipes are easy enough that no special equipment beyond a chef knife and cutting board should be required.
Easy Summer Side Dishes
The list of Crockpot meals below all cook the main dish for you.
To round out your meal plan, just add a few of the following easy side dishes:
- Fresh Summer Fruit: Watermelon, peaches, pineapple, strawberries, whatever you can find locally will taste even better!
- Tortilla Chips & Salsa: There are a lot of taco-inspired meals on the list that would taste great with chips and salsa.
- Frozen Potatoes: Tater tots, frozen french fries or potato wedges, or even prepared mashed potatoes would be an easy fix.
- Rice: Buy bags of rice from the freezer section and you could just pop them right into the vacation rental's microwave.
- Bagged Salad & Dressing: Buy a big bag of salad, a package of croutons, some cherry tomatoes, and your favorite prepared dressing for easy salads all week.
- Raw Veggies & Dip: Grab a bag of baby carrots, raw broccoli, celery, or bell peppers and a container of your favorite veggie dip.
More Beach Trip Meals
Planning a week at the beach? Don't miss my easy vacation meals for beach rentals, I've put together the entire meal plan plus shopping list for you.
If you're heading out for a family reunion at the beach, you may prefer my 40 easy meals for large groups on vacation.